I offer both short and long term counselling for clients ages 18+ and work with an integrative humanistic approach.
I am reflective and introspective in connecting to my own growth, development and relational dynamics which in turn supports me in facilitating the same for my clients.
I very much feel that my client is the expert in themselves and that the counselling process can develop that inner knowing, connecting to feelings and thoughts that lie beneath everyday expression deepening – even transforming their sense of self. I believe that in this more developed attunement there can be increased awareness of, and potential to transform, blocks to what Carl Rogers described as ‘full functioning’.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling from York St John University
- Accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Qualified EMDR therapist through the EMDR Academy
- Diploma in Pet Bereavement Counselling from the Centre of Excellence
- M.A. in Spiritual Psychology from the University of Santa Monica, USA
- I draw on and abide by the personal qualities, values, professional standards and ethics of the BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions
- I have an Enhanced CRB certificate and carry professional indemnity insurance
- I regularly access Continuing Professional Development and attend monthly clinical supervision in support of maintaining safe, ethical and effective working through reflective and relational processing
- Client feedback
- ‘I have gained clarity about what I want in life and have learned to value myself.’
- ‘So easy to talk to – it surprised me how much I was able to open up.’
- ‘I feel less reactive, calmer .. a lot more positive and optimistic for the future.’
- ‘Very empathetic – exploring my feelings and just being able to talk has really helped. A really good experience, I felt supported and heard.’